Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ground chicken quesadilla & chopped salad


The salad has a base of spring mix (50% spinach 50% spring mix) with various veggies on top.  Today I put some diced tomato, diced cucumber, diced onion, and corn.  I also added sliced hard boiled egg and a swirl of Rooster sauce.  

The quesadilla had some leftover ground chicken that I had cooked the night before with some chili powder, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper.  I also added diced onion and green bell peppers and a bit of BBQ sauce.  

I warmed up two corn tortillas in a pan, and added a tbsp of shredded reduced fat cheese added the leftover meat and some spinach leaves and more cheese.  I topped this with the other tortilla.  I allowed the cheese to melt and flipped the quesadilla.  unfortunately the non stick coating in my pan has worn out so my quesadilla got stuck and somewhat fell apart, but it was amazing nonetheless.   I cut it in half and served with the salad.

You can also drizzle any dressing you like or top with salsa and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment